The UK tax year for individuals starts and ends in April. After that, you’ll have 7 to 10 months to prepare your tax return
Here are the dates that you need to remember:
UK tax year dates
- The tax year for individuals: April 6th to April 5th.
Tax filing deadlines
- Self Assessment registration (you can do it here): October 5th
- Income tax filing deadline (paper): October 31st
- Income tax filing deadline (online): January 31st.
Tax payment deadlines
- Income tax payment deadline: January 31st
- Class 2 National Insurance Contribution (NIC) payment deadline: October 31st
- if you’re self-employed, you’ll have to pay your second Payment on Account (read more about it here) before July 31st.