What are the UK tax year dates and filing deadlines?
The UK tax year for individuals starts and ends in April. After that, you’ll have 7 to 10 months to prepare your tax return
Here are the dates that you need to remember:
UK tax year dates
- The tax year for individuals: April 6th to April 5th.
Tax filing deadlines
- Self Assessment registration (you can do it here): October 5th
- Income tax filing deadline (paper): October 31st
- Income tax filing deadline (online): January 31st.
Tax payment deadlines
- Income tax payment deadline: January 31st
- Class 2 National Insurance Contribution (NIC) payment deadline: October 31st
- if you’re self-employed, you’ll have to pay your second Payment on Account (read more about it here) before July 31st.
Dates you need to know
Hey there! We really hope this article helped you. Tax matters can be a dreadful topic at times. We know. That's why we started TaxScouts.
A stress-free way to getting your taxes done.
Have a minute? See how it works