London, United Kingdom
Every year, 200 million Europeans go through tax preparation hell. A needlessly complicated process that can scare the living daylights out of you (actual words from our customers). Let’s be honest – doing taxes sucks. We're here to fix that.
TaxScouts was founded by early employees and alumni of Europe’s leading startups (TransferWise, Skype, MarketInvoice), and we’re on the lookout for like-minded people to join us.
Are you enthusiastic, keen to learn about finance and want to work for a tech startup in central London? We’re looking for customer support interns on a full-time, 3-month contract to join us between November and February. Our busiest season!
We’re a small, close-knit team, so we’re looking for proactive people who want to get stuck in. If you’re passionate about providing great customer support and ready to be immersed in the company from day one, keep reading! Over three months, you’ll build both your knowledge of our online tax preparation service, your own knowledge of tax and the growing world of UK tech.
You’ll be a confident and talented problem-solver, resolving complex issues with ease. Plus you’ll have a knack for breaking down boring tax jargon into simple, digestible info for a range of audiences - from the self-employed to investors to landlords and more.
1. Customer Support: Assist customers with product information, status updates on existing tax returns, tax inquiries, and technical support, ensuring a positive and helpful experience.
2. Problem-Solving: Identify and troubleshoot customer issues, providing prompt and effective solutions to meet their needs.
3. Customer Engagement: Proactively engage with customers to gather feedback, address concerns, and promote loyalty to our brand.
4. Accountant Management: Engage with our accountant partners to collect feedback, handle partnerships queries, and clarify services.
5. Product & Tax Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of our products and services to provide valuable insights to customers.
6. Team Collaboration: Work closely with our product and engineering teams to raise technical issues, ensuring a seamless customer journey.
7. Quality Assurance: Maintain high-quality standards in all customer interactions, adhering to company policies and procedures.
8. Data insights: Track and analyse key stats to help produce monthly and quarterly performance reports.