- We only share your financial information with accountants who prepare your tax return. We do this only after you have explicitly agreed to use their services.
- We store your data in secure Microsoft Azure UK/EU data centers provided by Microsoft Corporation.
- All your personal and financial information belongs to you.
- Your personal information is shared only with partners that are essential in providing you our service such as processing card payments, authentication or communication with you about your account or tax return.
If after reviewing the Policy you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Definitions: When we say, “we,” “our,” or “us,” we’re referring to Positron Technologies Ltd
- When we say “Websites,” we mean our website located at taxscouts.com and all subdomains and sites associated with those domains, and other websites that we operate now and in the future.
- When we say “Services,” we mean our Websites, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), applications and content.
- When we say “TaxScouts” we mean our Websites and Services collectively.
- When we say “information,” we mean all of the different forms of data that you provide us and that we collect from you from your use of the Services, your software, and your devices.
- Information We Collect:
- Information you provide to us: When you register for and use TaxScouts, you are providing us with information, which we collect. This information may include your name, billing and mailing address, email address, phone number, financial information needed to prepare your personal income return and credit card information. We use a third-party intermediaries to manage credit card processing and tax return preparation.
- Information from your use of Services: This information may include IP Address, location information, date and time, browser type, and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Services.
- Cookies: When you use TaxScouts, we store "cookies," which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser, your operating system, and other similar information. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block our cookies, our Services may not work properly.
- How We Use Your Information:
- To create your account.
- To bill you for services.
- To provide customer support.
- To help your accountant to prepare and file your personal income tax return,
- To send you updates and alerts and to contact you about your account.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information:
While we never share your personal information with nonaffiliated companies, we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We share information with accountants who provide necessary tax preparation services to TaxScouts
- To process payments. All Credit Card payments are being processed by Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd located at 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin.
- To provide customer support.
- When we have your explicit permission to share your information.
- When we are required by law, or legal process to disclose that information – such as a valid court order or a valid subpoena. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a valid government request.
- To enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users.
- When we determine that information is aggregate information or other information that does not identify you.
- We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) or personal details on our order form, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- Correcting and Updating Information:
- If you are our customer and would like to access or delete information that you provided, you may do this by signing in to TaxScouts and making the change or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may decline to process unreasonable requests or requests that are not otherwise required by local law.
- We retain your information and data that we process on your behalf as long as your account is active, as needed to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
- We have no direct relationship with third parties with whom our users may interact using the Services. Any such party who would like to amend or delete data which may be stored in the Services should direct his or her request to the applicable TaxScouts user acting as the “data controller” for such information.
- Any such party who no longer wishes to be contacted by a TaxScouts user, should contact that user user directly.
- Updates to this Document:
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here and by email.
- Contact Us:
- You can contact us any time by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SERVICE.
BY USING THE SERVICE OR CLICKING “AGREE” CUSTOMER IS AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
This agreement is between Positron Technologies Ltd (operating as TaxScouts), and the customer agreeing to these terms (Customer).
- SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: taxscouts.com (Service).
- USE OF SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: taxscouts.com (Service).
- Customer Owned Data: All data and and documents uploaded by Customer remains the property of Customer, as between TaxScouts and Customer (Customer Data). Customer grants TaxScouts the right to use, display and distribute the Customer Data for purposes of performing under this agreement.
- Customer Responsibilities: Customer (i) must keep its passwords secure and confidential; (ii) is solely responsible for Customer Data and all activity in its account in the Service; (iii) must use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to its account, and notify TaxScouts promptly of any such unauthorized access; and (iv) may use the Service only in accordance with the Service’s Knowledge Base and applicable law.
- WHILE TAXSCOUTS TAKES REASONABLE PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES TO SECURE THE SERVICE, TAXSCOUTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE, AND USE MAY BE INTERRUPTED.
- Definition of Confidential Information: Confidential Information means all non-public information disclosed by a party (Discloser) to the other party (Recipient), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure (Confidential Information). TaxScouts’ Confidential Information includes without limitation the Service (including without limitation the Service user interface design and layout, and pricing information).
- Protection of Confidential Information: The Recipient must use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information (but in no event less than reasonable care) not to disclose or use any Confidential Information of the Discloser for any purpose outside the scope of this agreement. The Recipient must make commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to Confidential Information of Discloser to those of its employees and contractors who need such access for purposes consistent with this agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with Recipient no less restrictive than the confidentiality terms of this agreement.
- Exclusions: Confidential Information excludes information that: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, (ii) was known to the Recipient prior to its disclosure by the Discloser without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, or (iv) was independently developed by the Recipient without use or access to the Confidential Information. The Recipient may disclose Confidential Information to the extent required by law or court order, but will provide Discloser with advance notice to seek a protective order.
- Reservation of Rights: The software, workflow processes, user interface, designs, know-how, and other technologies provided by TaxScouts as part of the Service are the proprietary property of TaxScouts and its licensors, and all right, title and interest in and to such items, including all associated intellectual property rights, remain only with TaxScouts. Customer may not remove or modify any proprietary marking or restrictive legends in the Service. TaxScouts reserves all rights unless expressly granted in this agreement.
- Restrictions: Customer may not (i) sell, resell, rent or lease the Service or use it in a service provider capacity; (ii) use the Service to store or transmit infringing, unsolicited marketing emails, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party rights; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service; (iv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or their related systems or networks; (v) reverse engineer the Service; or (vi) access the Service to build a competitive service or product, or copy any feature, function or graphic for competitive purposes.
- Aggregate Data: During and after the term of this agreement, TaxScouts may use non-personally identifiable Customer Data within the Service for purposes of enhancing the Service, aggregated statistical analysis, technical support and other business purposes.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term: This agreement continues to be in effect until terminated
- Termination by Customer: Customer may terminate the agreement by giving written 30-day notice to TaxScouts at email@example.com.
- Termination by TaxScouts: TaxScouts may terminate the agreement by giving written 30-day notice to Customer.
- Mutual Termination for Material Breach: If either party is in material breach of this agreement, the other party may terminate this agreement at the end of a written 30-day notice/cure period, if the breach has not been cured.
- Suspension of violation of the agreement: TaxScouts may temporarily suspend or terminate, or both if customer violates any terms of the service
- Maintenance of Customer Data:
- Within 90-days after termination, Customer Data will be available for customer upon written request
- After such 90-day period, TaxScouts has no obligation to maintain the Customer Data and may destroy it.
- Return TaxScouts Property Upon Termination: Upon termination of this agreement for any reason, Customer must pay TaxScouts for any unpaid amounts, and destroy or return all property of TaxScouts. Upon TaxScouts’ request, Customer will confirm in writing its compliance with this destruction or return requirement.
- Suspension for Violations of Law: TaxScouts may temporarily suspend the Service or remove the applicable Customer Data, or both, if it in good faith believes that, as part of using the Service, Customer has violated a law. TaxScouts will attempt to contact Customer in advance.
- EXCLUSION OF INDIRECT DAMAGES: TaxScouts is not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or related to this agreement (including, without limitation, costs of delay; loss of data, records or information; and lost profits), even if it knows of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- TOTAL LIMIT ON LIABILITY: TaxScouts’ total liability arising out of or related to this agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) does not exceed the amount paid by Customer within the 3-month period prior to the event that gave rise to the liability.
- INDEMNITY: If any third-party brings a claim against TaxScouts, or requires TaxScouts to respond to a legal process, related to Customer’s acts, omissions, data or information within the Software, Customer must defend, indemnify and hold TaxScouts harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim or request.
- GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM: This agreement is governed by the laws of England (without regard to conflicts of law principles) for any dispute between the parties or relating in any way to the subject matter of this agreement. Any suit or legal proceeding must be exclusively brought in courts of England and Wales and Customer submits to this personal jurisdiction and venue. Nothing in this agreement prevents either party from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any litigation is entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and costs from the other party.
- Entire Agreement and Changes: This agreement and the order constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior or contemporaneous negotiations or agreements, whether oral or written, related to this subject matter. Customer is not relying on any representation concerning this subject matter, oral or written, not included in this agreement. No representation, promise or inducement not included in this agreement is binding. No modification of this agreement is effective unless both parties sign it, and no waiver is effective unless the party waiving the right signs a waiver in writing.
- No Assignment: Neither party may assign or transfer this agreement or an order to a third party, except that this agreement with all orders may be assigned, without the consent of the other party, as part of a merger, or sale of substantially all the assets, of a party.
- Independent Contractors: The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other.
- Enforceability and Force Majeure: If any term of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the other terms remain in effect. Except for the payment of monies, neither party is liable for events beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation force majeure events.
- Money Damages Insufficient: Any breach by a party of this agreement or violation of the other party’s intellectual property rights could cause irreparable injury or harm to the other party. The other party may seek a court order to stop any breach or avoid any future breach.
- No Additional Terms: TaxScouts rejects additional or conflicting terms of any Customer form-purchasing document.
- Order of Precedence: If there is an inconsistency between this agreement and an order, the order prevails.
- Survival of Terms: Any terms that by their nature survive termination of this agreement for a party to assert its rights and receive the protections of this agreement, will survive. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply.
- Feedback: By submitting ideas, suggestions or feedback to TaxScouts regarding the Service, Customer agrees that such items submitted do not contain confidential or proprietary information; and Customer hereby grants TaxScouts an irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free and fully-paid perpetual license to use such items for any business purpose.
- UPDATES: We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here and by email.
- CONTACT: Feel like getting in touch? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.